• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

help sp-300v service call 0106

Dakotagrafx

Tool Carriage Disconnection Error
Machine fails to disconnect the Tool Carriage
from the Head Carriage.

Limit Position Initialize, head carriage not
locked.

Loose Connection in scan axis.

Disorder of Cap Motor

Limit Sensor does not work correctly or is
broken.
1) Check the mechanical backlash in scan motor, or drive wire.
2) Lock Position Adjustment
3) Limit Position and Cut Down Position

njsigns

the service manual says the code means "Carriage Unconnection Error" - I'm not 100% sure, but my guess is the carriage that holds the cutter is disconnected from the print head.

Let me start by saying I'm not a tech and I'm not afraid to rip my own machine apart - whether or not it's a good idea I won't speculate on. I feel like I've gotten this error before. I would unplug the machine and remove the cover where the display face is and see if they are in fact disconnected from one another, if memory serves me correctly there is a magnet that holds them together - I would (and remember I'm not a tech) just push them back together gently if they were disconnected from one another.

I've had my machine (sp300v) for over 5 years now - and after I had error codes the first day I owned it, and realized I knew more about the machine than the tech that was sent out to "fix" my machine - I've just jumped in with both feet and never called a tech again. You can do what you want with this information, it may or may not be right, but it's what I would do if I got the same error. Good luck!

Gene

enzo972

enzojmfstickertuning
thank you very much for your fast answer, i try this solution now and i go back to say what. :cool1:

(sorry for my little english, i'm french)

enzo972

enzojmfstickertuning
When i print and cut, at the end of the print, i have the message "service call 0106" and the machine doesn't cut after print.

i try to solve my problem with this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxHb7WIYWcU

when i want to do the "limit cut position" the cutter doesn't separated with the print head. :frustrated:

thank you again for your help..