• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP sp 540v pump up in loop?

Jackflush

Gorgor
Im tryin to replace Bl/Blu head today. Manual says PUMP UP. 101 Says do not pump up but do not spill onto board. Well I entered pump up mode. And it says remove cart. 1234 well I wanted out of that mode but it wouldnt let me so I removed them tured it back on and it says choose ink type (select) and set ink cart 1234. I did and it says remove them. I did and it says set them. What to do? Anyone
When I start it now it says "ink not filled" and select ink. I have Eco sol max. I select it and it now it says "cancelled for protecting motor". Im screwed over here. ( I just read a thread where it says turn off machine for 15 minutes. Pump maybe hot from 3 cycles in this nightmare.

Last edited:

C5 Service&Repair

Pump up removes all the ink from the lines. So it will want you to remove the carts and insert 2 of the grey foam 'dummy' carts.
If you havent screwed the pooch yet and still have ink in the lines without bubbles, you can get out of pump up mode by putting the machine in service mode and selecting your ink type.

Jackflush

Gorgor
I presseddown right left up left down right... pressed and held left down and right and went into service mode i think... went to ink control and then fill. selected ink type and now the pump is just spinning for like 1-2 minutes right this very moment.. lol I dont know whats next

Jackflush

Gorgor
Seems to be back in business. alot of pumpin and now some different sqeeks and movments. the screen says fillinf ink. maybe ok at the moment

Jackflush

Gorgor
OK... whew! Thats good advice. Thank you. Its back to normal. man... I think I might need a hand holder

phototec

I presseddown right left up left down right... pressed and held left down and right and went into service mode i think... went to ink control and then fill. selected ink type and now the pump is just spinning for like 1-2 minutes right this very moment.. lol I dont know whats next

Are you following the Service Manual on head replacement?

C5 Service&Repair

i travel to CA frequently as there doesnt seem to be many qualified techs in the area, Let me know if you need a service call with training.

Jackflush

Gorgor
i travel to CA frequently as there doesnt seem to be many qualified techs in the area, Let me know if you need a service call with training.
well yes i do and if possible tommorow afternoon... I have 3 chicken hens and it might take a little while but they could definatly get ya squared up. And if not I also have some Fiat currency. I see your number there Ill give ya a call sir.

Yes I am following the service manual procedure. I was going to do a run thru with out taking anything out except maybe the cover. Ive cured a siphon magenta to yellow condition but this is the first time i will be hangin wet ink over the circuit boards? I read a couple of good successful head replacements on here but Im not yet to confident. The video Im watchin is good but no audio for some reason. I have shirts to print today and tommorow Ill take another whack at it. I believe I will get familiar with service mode tommorw mornin. Seems like during this procedure you can get out of step if youre not paying strict attention.

peter48

well yes i do and if possible tommorow afternoon... I have 3 chicken hens and it might take a little while but they could definatly get ya squared up. And if not I also have some Fiat currency. I see your number there Ill give ya a call sir.

Yes I am following the service manual procedure. I was going to do a run thru with out taking anything out except maybe the cover. Ive cured a siphon magenta to yellow condition but this is the first time i will be hangin wet ink over the circuit boards? I read a couple of good successful head replacements on here but Im not yet to confident. The video Im watchin is good but no audio for some reason. I have shirts to print today and tommorow Ill take another whack at it. I believe I will get familiar with service mode tommorw mornin. Seems like during this procedure you can get out of step if youre not paying strict attention.
I read above your comment that you cured your "siphon magenta to yellow problem" and am wondering if this is the same problem I am having. Most of the time my machine works great but sometimes I get magenta into my yellow, generally after it sits for a day or two. to get around that I need to print a 50 x 1/2 inch strip of yellow before I print my job

Jackflush

Gorgor
I read above your comment that you cured your "siphon magenta to yellow problem" and am wondering if this is the same problem I am having. Most of the time my machine works great but sometimes I get magenta into my yellow, generally after it sits for a day or two. to get around that I need to print a 50 x 1/2 inch strip of yellow before I print my job

Oh Yeah yeah... Its a captop and a mostly empty ink cart. when one is low and the captops are worn then that occurs. (my understanding) You have to basiccally get a syringe and suck the color out the tube until its pure. and make sure the caps are changed every 6 months, (eben if they ok.). And watch that the levels in the ink carts are not too unbalanced i suppose. And i heard of a mod where stainless steele mesh is pressed under the rubber captop lip and to prevent the sponge in there from swelling and your wallet unswelling.

peter48

I changed the captops and then I changed the heads but haven't changed that sponge in quite a while. When I did change it they sent me the wrong sponge and then had me cut it to fit. It worked but am thinking now that it may be the problem. Thanks for the help.
peter