• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

help sp300v take up real

Ragnabrok

Saw a guy that did make one yes, it was pretty epic. it was the exterior tube from a roll of banner, riding on a steel bar, attached to a pulley, rigged to a harvested bicycle derailleur, powered by gravity via a weighted chain similar to a grandfather clock.

Worked awesome, kept tension on the media, eco friendly :)

joeshaul

Mine is two 4x4's with half inch holes drilled through and a 3/8" rod shoved through one hole through a "core" in the middle and out the hole on the other one creating a stand. A core being one of the cardboard tubes that vinyl/banner/etc is rolled up on and what you're left with after you yell out various swear words and your job cancels because you thought there was enough. I tape the media to it when it starts getting long and roll it up when needed by just turning the core. To unroll, I do similar to a tape device, grab another core and start rolling onto that while unrolling from my take-up, remove it, then roll it on a flat surface to cure. Not the best of devices but it works for me.

I've seen some folks make media take-ups/catches on here using banner material that's kind of like a hamper. Seems to me I also saw someone on here who built a system using a stepper motor and either a light sensitivity switch or an IR based mechanism to start feeding the material and it also had a heating system as well if I recall. So yes, you can build your own, and its complexity can vary from simple mechanics to being fairly adept and electronic.

And as to the question of cost, mine was dirt cheap for me to make, but I know the professional systems can run quite heavy, think my dealer wanted like $2000 for one.

cdiesel

If I were to build one, I'd stick with the basic design from Roland. Get a stepper motor, a couple of pieces that will insert into the ends of a core, a "rocker bar" that will tension the media and trip a switch turning the motor on & off. It'd be pretty simple to build. Hardest part would be making sure it's true with the input rollers so that the vinyl will roll back up straight.

We got the optional roll system on our HP. List price was $19,999. . . for basically the same setup I described above. Absolutely CRAZY. Could've custom fab'd the whole thing for about $2k.

CS-SignSupply

Still awaiting final details and ship date but we will be selling a takeup reel for the Roland Versacamm SP-300/300v/540v and Pro II models. Introductory price is $795 plus shipping.

"ReelPRO"

Specifications:

· Power Supply 110v

· Accommodates rolls up to 45#

· Compatible with VersaCAMM and PRO II Roland printers

· Take-up core supplied by end-user

· 90 Day Warranty Parts and Labor

Attachments

• ReelPRO Angle View.jpg
    ReelPRO Angle View.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 115
  • ReelPRO Side Up Close.jpg
    ReelPRO Side Up Close.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 91
  • ReelPRO Side View 2.jpg
    ReelPRO Side View 2.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 82
  • ReelPRO Side View.jpg
    ReelPRO Side View.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 80
  • ReelPRO Top View.jpg
    ReelPRO Top View.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 71

D&D Graphx

D&D Graphx Modesto, CA
Thanks guys I can run about 10 feet on the ground but what good is that. We now use gotomypc.com to work from home. I can print because you are working on your work computer. I have video cameras set up if anything goes wrong you can abort print. But now this is working so good I could print all night short runs anyways. Short runs are about 75% off the work for use. If you have any photos that would be great.

Thanks for all the ideas.

D&D Graphx

D&D Graphx Modesto, CA
Thats a great easy looking unit for a great price. Keep us posted maybe discount for sign101 users LOL.