• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help to install round graphic over metal divider bar on window with no distortion

Mary

I have to install a large round graphic on a window with a middle divider bar. It will distort the graphic as it goes over the bar. How do I compensate for the distortion factor? Do I stretch the graphic in the middle to accomodate the total width and height of the bar? The bar is 1" tall and 2" wide.

Probably the only decent way you are going to be able deal with the divider and make the graphic look good is to cut the 2 inch section that goes on the divider from the graphic and apply it to the top of the divider separately. I would do nothing to the sides of the divider at all. Just mount the remainder of the graphic to each window on either said right up to the edge of the divider. That's typically the way I've always seen them done and I can't imagine that working the graphic somehow all the way around the divider will look better.

tsgstl

I trim it on site.
Line the centers up on the "bar" then tape top and bottom on "bar"
Then pull tight and tape off left/right side of graphic
Then run a snap off bladed using the edge of the bar as a guide
Eyeball both right and left side and hinge all 3 pieces

You have to pick some point for it to look like a complete graphic, your only option is straight on

Mary

round grafic on divided window

It makes it more complicated that the graphic is round with a large 'A' right in the middle that will be divided. Any other thoughts?