• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP! UJF-6042 - Random White line on edge of Print

ZosoPlayer

Hello all! I have a UJF -6042 printer. I am getting random white print along the edges of the print. When I say random, I really mean it. The width of the white line is random, when it appears is random, and even where it appears is random. I would say 95% of the time it appears along the right edge, but it has appeared along the top, bottom and left edge of print at various times.

Has anyone heard of this before or have any ideas? I am hoping to avoid a costly service call, but fear I am heading in that direction...

Thank you,

Scott

Attachments

• Photo Jul 29, 12 52 05 PM.jpg
    Photo Jul 29, 12 52 05 PM.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 262

intercrown

Yep , it`s a white layer, for sure. Look under something like "correction of special color" ( depends what software u use).

ZosoPlayer

thank you for the reply. this is very interesting...I never thought of that. So basically you are saying that I can go into my rip software and there is a setting where I can set the white layer to always print 3px thinner than the actual color print? I use RASTERLINKPRO5IP.

Do you make the layer of white thinner? I usually do 3px thinner to prevent that.

WalkerP

Yes, please elaborate. I'm using RasterLink5 and don't recall that option, but would love to have that ability. Do you know if you can do it with the clear also?

dvdcr

Yes, there is a setting in Rasterlink5 to do just that.

First you need to double click on the file to get into its settings, then go to Color Edit (Tab) > Special Color Adjustment > Special Color Correction
In there check the check box "Correcting Layer Gap" and check on "Correction of size", then just check on scan and feed to make it thinner on all sides and make it 3px (we usually do 2 or 3 px depending on the design) or play with it until you are happy.

Make sure you select Thinner and not Thicker (yes, you can make the white layer thicker if you want)

Regarding the clear ink, it should be possible. We don't have clear ink on this particular printer but on the JFX200 we have it and there is an option for it on RasterLink6, so I am assuming it is possible.

ZosoPlayer

Great, thank you, I will try it out. I am working w Mimaki USA right now to figure out why it is doing it, but in the mean time if this works it will be a life saver! Thank you!

BTW, in my software, it has a SPECIAL COLOR CORRECTION and right below is a CLEAR LIQUID COLLECTION.

Yes, there is a setting in Rasterlink5 to do just that.

First you need to double click on the file to get into its settings, then go to Color Edit (Tab) > Special Color Adjustment > Special Color Correction
In there check the check box "Correcting Layer Gap" and check on "Correction of size", then just check on scan and feed to make it thinner on all sides and make it 3px (we usually do 2 or 3 px depending on the design) or play with it until you are happy.

Make sure you select Thinner and not Thicker (yes, you can make the white layer thicker if you want)

Regarding the clear ink, it should be possible. We don't have clear ink on this particular printer but on the JFX200 we have it and there is an option for it on RasterLink6, so I am assuming it is possible.