• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP! Up the creek without a paddle!!!

washingtonsignguy

I have used LXi for several years now and had no problems. I recently upgraded to windows 7 and again no problems everything is working fine. I really like LXi, but have never tried any others. If i were to do it again, I would probly find a more popular program(like flexi), sometimes i worry how long signwarehouse will be selling this program and providing updates as time goes on. Hope this helps if you are looking at a new program.

signpronfl

Flexi Letter-199.00? I did not see it for that price. It showed 995.00. Does anyone know what Flexi starter is all about? Very low cost, does it lack a lot of features? Anyone with it out there want to chime in on how it works.

Jim Cancil

Take this from where it came; I am a newbie (one week) and Mac user.

Flexi Starter is a basic lettering program that can import, compile and cut. All your 'designs' would have to come from elsewhere. It cost me about $120. MacSign (Cut version) came with the machine, but is not as intuitive as Flexi so I've not really gotten into it...

...but I have another, not dissimilar issue, when I send a second job to my Summa cutter - it simply disappears?! It seems the comm link between Flexi and the cutter is lost. I need to hard re-start the cutter between jobs. 'Just teaching myself at this point, so it's not much an issue, but something that I will have to cure in the future.

I don't have any of those firewall issues, don't know anything about them.. Flexi simply asked me to I.D. the cutter off a list and it set up the USB link.

Jim

skyhigh

That is not Flexi, rather LXi... It is built for them to bundle with the Cutters they sale...
I did say "GENERIC" version of Flexi. It is made by flexi, its identical to flexi, and you can actually upgrade (thru SAI) to the actual flexi. AND they do sell it separetly without a cutter.

Not getting your point. I said "generic" version, and the link opened to LXI???