• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help urgently needed!! Have a big problem with HP 9000

KPH

Hi all,
great forum and a lot of good information.
This is why I post this in your US forum even if we are from Germany.
We changed 3 years ago to HP 791 ink We used 6xHP9000 and 2x HP10000 printers.
After a short time we had big problems with the heads like already explained in other topics here.
So the HP dealer changed 18 heads in 2 weeks without charge because he said it is HP ink problem - so far so good.
Then a few month later the HP-Dealer got bankrupt. Then 1 year later HP claimed 18 heads including installation and interest from us, because we did not pay the heads to the dealer, even we never recieved an invoice because it was on guarantee. The Ex HP-dealer transferred the "invoice" to HP.
So we refused paying HP for the heads and installation. HP now got us to court to pay for it.
The argument from HP is that there was never a problem with the HP 791 ink and that there was never a service advise to change the heads.

So my question here is if there is somebody who does have a service note or access to HP tech-notes regarding the HP 791 inkproblem. Furthermore maybe there is somebody who had same problem with the ink and were lucky to exchange the heads without charge from HP.

Any help is highly appreciated. As far as you can imagine this is a huge bunch of money for us.

I hope you can help us in this case.

tnx in advance

cheers

Kim

wunder

Hello Kim,

we do the service by many customs in Germany they used 9000/1000 with OEM Ink and never a Problem see or Never become a service Call......Same by Customer they use 3rd Party from Lyson/Nazdar "the 1st alternate to OEM"

But i have many Customers they used Marabu or Triangle Inks make Problems and sure Demage Heads a.s.o

In German: Vergiss es HP irgend einen Tintenquark an zu dichten. Die Rechtsabteilung und die Anwendermasse ohne Probleme belaeuft sich mehr als 95% von daher....anderen Schuldigen suchen :notworthy:

best regards
wunder

KPH

hi wunder,

i know that HP is plug&play without problems and that HP is much too big.
we only have the bad situation that the dealer told us that there is "no charge" on the heads and now we have to pay for it.
I have heard from some users that their heads were changed on HP - so my hope is that there was a service- note from HP to do so.

we always used oem ink bought from hp resellers and only this one time we had serious problems with the printers. The rest of their life no prob at all!

cheers

danno

We had problems with the 791 inkset ourselves. We did not go through our dealer to solve the issue. We called HP direct. I never did see a technical bulletin on this procedure. HP knew about the problem internally, but didn't admit to the problem publicly. The 791 inkset caused multiple problems here in the US. Good Luck.