• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP! VS 640 not working - missing colors

Onegrafix

Hello,

I'm new in this fantastic forum, so I'm not sure whether I'm writing in the correct place.
I've signed up to try and find a solution to a big problem I have with my Roland VS 640. I hope someone out there will be so kind as to help me.

It all started with a banning in blue and red prints, and from the test print we started to notice a missing part on light cyan and metallic, as in the attached foto test print 1. To try and solve this problem, we did a circuit cleaning with cleaning liquid using fill ink and we changed the light cyan damper. As written on the service manual, we then did a powerful cleaning and a choke cleaning but the test print was a lot worse.

In doubt we then changed the dampers for all colors, we did another powerful cleaning and choke cleaning, and now we have a plotter that is printing only 3 colors: white, yellow and light cyan as in foto test print 2.
Our feeling is that the choke cleaning, which is supposed to be used to eliminate air in the system, doesn't do so at all.
Before putting the new dampers in (not original), we tried using a syringe to eliminate air bubbles, but neither has this solved our problem.

Checking the ink tubes, we can see on the white and yellow a small bubble of about 1 mm, but the test print of these colors are ok. We can't see any air bubbles in the other tubes.
We would really appreciate it if someone who has had the same problem can tell us how they solved the issue. We've got to fix the issue on our own because in the past we already contacted the official Roland technician of our area, who gave us further problems so we don't trust him anymore.

Thanks to all!

ps: of course you can't see the white in the test prints, but it's the only perfect color - since it all started we've performed maintenance changing the wiper, the felt, the scraper, the capping and the ink pump

Attachments

• test print.jpg
    test print.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 708