Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help w/ Left Pinch Roller Position

Discussion in 'Roland' started by timkaz227, Oct 25, 2019.

1. timkaz227

timkaz227 Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Charlottesville, VA
    How do the outside pinch rollers work? I keep getting a left pinch roller error, but only when it's at a certain spot on the printer. If I move it to one of the other positions it is fine.
    This is on an SP-540v

Thx

Tags:
  2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    There are designated spots they need to be positioned at to work which I think you already know. It's a pretty common issue with the SP series to get a pinch roller position error. Usually you will also get a measurement of 0.0" as well. The fix is to replace the cut tool trailing cable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. timkaz227

timkaz227 Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Charlottesville, VA
    I've had the message before, but now it won't go away. It only happens at one of the grit roller positions. That's why I was wondering what the carriage senses on the pich roller to try and troubleshoot the problem. Thx for the link to the cable.