• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help: where is the cheapest place to buy sign vinyl?

BESTBLANKS

Sign Vinyl For All Purposes

Hi I am new to the sign comminity. My dad however is an expert in wall murals and painted signs. He dicided to buy me a vinyl plotter and to expand his small business. He has been paying around $55 to $70 for a vinyl roll (24" x 10yards) at a local store. The brand is Hexis and it is said to last around 5 years. Its high gloss vinyl paper. As i looked online i was surprised to find that same length in paper for as cheap as $25.

What is the cheapest vinyl brand or and cheapest place to buy sign vinyl?

thanks a lot guys and sorry if this has been asked and answered on a different thread. I could not find it.

Hello, Perhaps we can help. We are a large sign vinyl wholesaler that stocks all types of sign vinyl at every price point. From economy to premium.
You can also find the best brands in sign vinyl cutters, sign stands, sign tools, sign blanks and thousands of other related items too.
Please see this page for more info: http://www.bestblanks.com/signsupply.html

If we can be of further help please give us a call at 888-431-7385 or 954-989-1250

Thanks for your post!
www.bestblanks.com

0igo

No reason to get at the newbie aha.. when I say cheap I mean lowest priced on vinyl high gloss paper that lasts at least 5 years.. all I have right now is a plotter but I plan on buying a roland printer one day to make banners and other signs..

Thanks to all helped I will be checking those stores. Thanks again

Joe Diaz

I've never heard of "high gloss vinyl paper". Is that new? Are you looking for high performance vinyl? calendered vinyl? glossy paper?

AnthonyRalano

article-1240461-07BF0A86000005DC-921_634x350.jpg Oh so this is High Gloss Vinyl Paper.

s.hack

I wouldn't ask for cheapest all the time.... Some may confuse you with a HACK when all you think about is how CHEAP your supplies are....

:popcorn:
Hey!:noway:
But yeah, hes right. You'll end up redoing the work or giving yourself a bad name. By buying the right/quality material you'll actually save more!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Looks like its difficult to get an answer here.

There's well over twenty answers here. Perhaps none of them would be something you want to hear, but they are answers nonetheless.

The point being that, generally, the cost of vinyl is one of the most insignificant components of a job. Hideously expensive specialty media notwithstanding. All in all, it's better to use the right stuff than the cheap stuff. It's easier on both the client and yourself.

Biker Scout

Tracy huh? Call Product Sign Supplies. Ask for Feye. She knows everything about vinyl. Plus they will deliver to your shop daily.

Z SIGNS

You could use your plotter to make pounce patterns on paper and paint your signs.

Paper is cheap and so is paint.

Imagine how much money you could make if you did not have to pay for vinyl.

phototec

You could use your plotter to make pounce patterns on paper and paint your signs.

Memories:

Wow - That made me think of the first tractor trailers I hand lettered back in 1974 (40 years ago), I used an opaque projector to enlarge the graphics projected onto rolls of paper taped to a wall, then used a pounce wheel to make my full size pounce patterns. After pouncing the pattern onto the trailer, I hand lettered both sides of the 40' trailers by myself.

I remember it was fun trying to un-roll the pattern and tape it to the side of the trailer by myself, I could only un-roll the pattern the length of the scaffolding I was using, then I would have to tape the rolled up part of the pattern in place while I rolled the scaffolding to the next section of the trailer.

It took me two weeks to do both sides of 4 trailers, back then I don't think anyone was even using vinyl and plotters yet.

:smile:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I think ill skip asking questions here

Looks like its difficult to get an answer here.

As you go through life,
Whatever be your goal,
Keep your eye upon the doughnut,
And not upon the hole.

For every thread like this, there are 100 without any problem.