• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP! Window Perf hates HP LATEX

greysquirrel

Its not the product its the profile. More specifically the temps associated with the profile. Make a new profile from scratch, ink density may need to be cut back to 90-95, increase passcode and lower your temp. You own a 365 and 560 for one reason...make your own profiles. That iOne attached to the carriage works wonders.

dedumihail

it is posible to give me o profile, for printing windows perf. i use 75 air an 95 temp - but at hafe of material the printhead touche the perf

don reid

We've been fighting with this issue on our HP 570 for some time as well. I'll report back results after testing some of these suggestions.

Precision

We had trouble with perf on our HP Latex 360 for years. After ruining so many prints I finally sat and kept running samples until we cured the problem I don't know if this will work for you but here is what we did:

First turn down the drying heat to 185, test to make sure the ink is dry. For us it is. Some profiles have the heat up as high as 220 and it curls the substrate and causes scratches.
Next turn up the vacuum to 45
Next turn up the optimizer to 25
Last create a new profile at 16 passes.
Check your ink percentage, I believe ours is at 90

That's what we did, have been printing great ever since.

I hope this helps.

JBurton

Signtologist
I just loaded up some the other day for the first time in a year or so. I wasted 3 prints cause the kid watching the printer didn't realize the material wasn't advancing. Literally just sitting there laying ink in a puddle while the kid writes down what materials were used for the day. Once I got in there and started a print, tugged on it to help it advance, it was just fine. All prints afterwards have been just fine. I've only ever see that happen with perf, but it may be the weight of the roll.

donkur

Can someone provide a suggestion of a good window perf to use for the HP 360 and HP 560?

Currently we use Briteline 70/30 and 80/20. They are both terrible partly due to the overly thick liner and just other series of problems.

Once in a blue moon the 60" wide rolls of 80/20 will cooperate but more often than not we have a lot of problems with the material lifting off the platen during printing and the print heads will scrape across the media leaving major defects and heartache in its wake.
The 70/30 is new to us and I should have just listened to the terrible reviews before "going for it". But it was one of the few things available at the time. The 70/30 perf vinyl is separating from the liner while printing and leaves this vein like wrinkles behind across the entire with of media and moves from one side to another. (I'm thinking humidity has gotten to this roll at some point even though it is brand new to us).

PLEASE HELP. Looking for suggestions on perf that works well with the latex printers and holds up well over time.
I have a latex 360 and I started using the briteline last year and I love it. It might be that your heat is too high. ?

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
Can someone provide a suggestion of a good window perf to use for the HP 360 and HP 560?

Currently we use Briteline 70/30 and 80/20. They are both terrible partly due to the overly thick liner and just other series of problems.

Once in a blue moon the 60" wide rolls of 80/20 will cooperate but more often than not we have a lot of problems with the material lifting off the platen during printing and the print heads will scrape across the media leaving major defects and heartache in its wake.
The 70/30 is new to us and I should have just listened to the terrible reviews before "going for it". But it was one of the few things available at the time. The 70/30 perf vinyl is separating from the liner while printing and leaves this vein like wrinkles behind across the entire with of media and moves from one side to another. (I'm thinking humidity has gotten to this roll at some point even though it is brand new to us).

PLEASE HELP. Looking for suggestions on perf that works well with the latex printers and holds up well over time.
I'm unaware of any problems my customers have with Continental Panorama perf on latex. If you send me your UPS or FedEx number I can send you a test roll at no cost.

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
While I'm at it, the Panorama One perf from Continental is priced very aggressively. We sell the 80/20, 70/30, and 60/40 rolls of 54"x164' for only $391.00. Lately that seems to match the price of other brands' 100 foot rolls.