Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Question Software Help Help! Winplot has Problem with my Summa d60

Discussion in 'Summa' started by Mel77, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Mel77

Mel77 New Member

Jul 20, 2020
    the Netherlands
    I'm Mel, and I'm from the Netherlands.. I work as a designer in a clothing business.. Sorry if my English isn't That good..
    I just registrated on Signs101.com because I have a issue with Winplot and my Summa D60.. On my old laptop everything worked fine but after installing Coreldraw 2020 winplot my cutter won't work anymore.. Ive tryed everything
    I was reading on Signs101 that the problem is known by other people but I can't really find the solution to it.. please can anyone help me? I don't know what to do anymore..
    If I go to winplot and I want to cut I get the message: could not open summa socket cutter.. And then that the mediasize couldn't be measured..

I hope someone can help me!

2. greysquirrel

greysquirrel Active Member

Aug 13, 2015
    West Berlin, NJ
    There may be a new plug in required for your new CorelDraw....go to summa's website to check for it. If there is no plug in, you may need to re-install an older version of Coreldraw. Aren't you able to open pdf/.ai files directly into Winplot?

3. Mel77

Mel77 New Member

Jul 20, 2020
    the Netherlands
    Hi Greysquirrel

Thanks for your help!
    I could import all the usual files and winplot worked fine.. Until you gave the command 'cut'.. But in the meanwhile I kept on trying for several Ours and.. Succes! Winplot works again there was a issue with the communication (hpgl) I changed the settings in cutmanager and the other one and my Summa came back to life (very Happy!)