Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with a font

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by schramm, Jun 24, 2010.

1. schramm

schramm Member

Feb 19, 2009
    I thought that this font was "Antique Shop" (letterhead fonts) but there are many differences, does anyone recognize it and if so where can I buy it?

Just to clarify I am looking at the WR Case font...

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. AUTO-FX

AUTO-FX Very Active Member

Feb 14, 2010
    wow, that's a pretty cool document. sorry i dont recognize the font, but was that guy's name really "smellee" ?

3. Dave Drane

Dave Drane Very Active Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Looking at the document, it seems to be very old. It was probably designed by hand as a one off.

4. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    If that document is original then it's most likely a steel engraving and no settable type face was involved. A product of the engraver's hand much the same as a hand lettered sign.

5. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    Here's a better image of the same document header.

Attached Files:

6. schramm

schramm Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Yeah technology is poor here in Branson. Just playing around from the hotel room while on vacation. Man so many nice sign ideas down here and tons of pics. Bought a couple of vintage signs down here.

Here is what I came up with but I have limited fonts and only corel draw here on my laptop. Looking forward to being home with my mac and CS5!

Still need to redo the W and work on the shadow and sizing issues to make it look closer to the real thing, then I can make the mirror.

Attached Files: