• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

help with applying trim cap

tiredcreations

I've heard of using magnets & trimming nails, but how would you go about speeding up the process of applying trim cap to pan faced letters?

I've got about 250' of trim cap to replace & this is going sssslllllooooowww:banghead:

Any tips or ideas?

P1100499.jpg

P1100502.jpg

Mark S. Adams

Typically, on a letter that sized, with a pan that deep, I'd have done metal retainers. No way would I have used trimcap.

Sorry, but I don't have any suggestions on how to make it any easier.

John L

At least they're not square edged letters but it's a pain.

Warm up your roll of trim so you aren't fighting it in the least and just work your way around the letter. I once cut some 2x4 blocks from a few to several inches long and sized in depth to fit the space between bench and the lowermost lip of the new trim. You only need maybe 8 of these to complete that letter you are working on in the pic.

A few long drywall screws, strategically placed where there are no blocks in the way. can help too. The long screws dont have threads the whole length so the smooth shaft would be against your trim.

Use the wide trim, glue it well, don't move it untill it is set good, work in a warm area.