• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP with art work

Colorburst

I'm looking for someone who can help me with this art. It needs to be digitaly printed at a size of 72"w. It was provided to me as a .tff file. i need some one who can filter it, clean it up, resample it at a much higher resolution, crop it, paste in a background, etc. basicly get it ready to print at 72"w. If anyone can help or knows someone who can help, please contact me through the forum or via email at colorburstsigns@qwestoffice.net.
Thanks,
George

Attachments

• Master_airwing_member_pin.jpg
    Master_airwing_member_pin.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 77

Vinylman

Not trying to be a "smart A*# here, but isn't that suppose to be your customers responsibility?

And if not, then you need to be charging them to create the artwork. It takes time and labor to do this so make sure SOMEONE is paying you for creating this "NEW" artwork.

SignManiac

Aint gonna happen if that's the only file you have. Your best bet is to find the original wing badge in question and have it photographed by a professional with good lighting and a high quality camera.

Then you can enlarge it to 6' and get a descent image printed.

Flame

Not sure what to say about this, but I'd say you probably just said yes to something you weren't ready to say yes to. There's no way that can be "cleaned up" to 72" wide. You'd either need to make it a vector (long time sitting with the pen tool in your fave vector program) or like Maniac said, have a professional photograph it...

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Depending on just what tools you have available you're talking about maybe 10-15 minutes of diddling the image. If it were mine to do I'd run it through Photozoom Pro and produce a 150ppi image of the correct width. Then open that image in PhotoPaint and drop out the background.

And there you are...

Flame

Depending on just what tools you have available you're talking about maybe 10-15 minutes of diddling the image. If it were mine to do I'd run it through Photozoom Pro and produce a 150ppi image of the correct width. Then open that image in PhotoPaint and drop out the background.

And there you are...

Proof you aren't a designer. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Colorburst

I have left myself an out, I can go back to the customer and request better art. Also I have built into my bid some art charges. I will talk to The Vector Doctor. It looks like I'm also getting conflicting opinions, one says a long time, one says 15 minutes. My problem is I don't have the software (Photozoom Pro) or the skill set to do it myself. That's why I hoping to find someone who does and can, at a price I can work with. Thanks for the imput and I'm still willing to listen to any more comments/suggestions.
George

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I would not be able to do this. The eagle has no detail to follow whatsoever.

And there is no photo enhancing software that will make this look good at 72 inches. There is not enough pixel data to interpolate and bring out details that don't exist

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Also, based on the description it sounds like you want an image that looks just like this with all of the shading and metallic look. The best solution is to get a hold of the medal and scan it in at hi res and then knock out the background in photoshop

SignManiac

My understanding is that your are looking for a photo realistic enlargement. If that's the case then a vector drawing is not what you want or need.

Colorburst

It does not necessarly need to be photo realistic, this is just what they gave me. A good vector might work. I'll have to show it to them. It is going to be printed and mounted on a concrete floor in the lobby of a new bulding. thanks for all the replies, any mor suggestion are still welcome. George, Colorburst

jimbug72

Not very likely the client will be able to get you high enough res to make 72"

If you need it photorealistic and the vector option mentioned above wont work, you'll have to do as mentioned above and either scan it at high res or hire a pro photographer to shoot it for you.

I don't think any type of photozoom/pixel expanding software will acomplish a 72" print. There's too much detail missing due to the low resolution. Those programs can only expand/enhance existing pixels.

Judging from the onemileup.com insignia it doesn't look shaded from the thumbnail, but I can see no way to view the image larger than the thumbnail which is very small. You could probably shade it manually in Illy or corel or your preferred vector program.

Last edited:

Artildawn

Ok, I'm at work now where we have the onemileup collection... I'm not too impressed with what they have, but here's a screen cap to help you evaluate if it will work for what need before buying the download.

Attachments

• master_aircrew_badge.jpg
    master_aircrew_badge.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 37