• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with banding!

Posterboy

2nd Some is out of kilter with the supply or take up, if your supply gets stuck, or your take up is pulling too hard. If this is it, you should be losing all colors uniformly.
A work around is to keep the supply slack, unwind the roll a few feet every time the printer is about to pull against the roll
and turn on and off the take-up manually, just enough to keep the media off the ground but not to where it's pulling.

This would be worth looking at, if your media is rolling freely it can cause media buckling, which could possibly result in that kind of banding.

Reminds me of this thread, if you want to read about some epic roland banding issues.
http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?126464-xR640-more-issues

Andy D

This would be worth looking at, if your media is rolling freely it can cause media buckling, which could possibly result in that kind of banding.

Reminds me of this thread, if you want to read about some epic roland banding issues.
http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?126464-xR640-more-issues

Thanks Posterboy, but I missed the part about it being vertical banding, so I don't see how it could be that.
I have an older grand format RTR solvent, that, if I run it hard all day, will build air up in the ink line and
creates vertical banding toward the end of the day. My trick to bleed the air is counter-intuitive, but works,
I turn the reservoir pumps off and keep priming ink through the heads until they run out of ink and then turn the pumps'
back on and reprime the inks.

Again, maybe not helpful for your Roland, but maybe it is....
I could see if you have your printer auto cleaning too often or too long, it could be pulling air into
into the ink lines.