• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HELP With CGFX160 And CGFX160 II

martin_lemon

Hi,
We used to have Mimaki CGFX160 Mk1 (since 2007) used mainly to contour cut jobs printed on jv5 - I have joined the company almost a year ago and started complaining about it straight away - it wouldn't cut accurately or track properly on a distance longer than 2m. We had technician in and he quoted in region on £1500 to get it sorted (new grip rollers and pinch rollers + pinch rollers assembly and few other bits). My management decided to buy new machine instead they went for CGFX Mk2 without consulting anyone who would use the machine. In effect we had the machine delivered today un-assembled - (this was done by one of our workshop guys!?) and wheeled in to cad room.
Now the problem is that this machine has a very similar problem it would go off 17mm on a distance just over 2.5 m no matter how hard you try to line the media up - it would not register marks what as a result. It seems to be fine on small jobs under 1m in length.
I found myself in a difficult situation as to manager who purchased the machine doesn't believe me that it's either faulty or not fit forour purpose (mainly long runs with reg marks spread up to 3m apart with 6mm bleed as standard) we are using mpi 2800 to print on and mpi 2040 to lam what distance between mark should we expect for this new machine to handle with accuracy? Spec mentions 10m problem free tracking!? Any advice appriciated

MikeD

I'm not familiar with that printer, but if a new plotter has the same issue, perhaps the problem originates from your printer. Your prints may have some distortion. Try printing a 400mm sq and then measure to see if it is shorter or longer. You can do the same test with the plotter to help isolate the problem.
Good Luck!

Cmind335

I have a Mimaki JV33 160 and the respective CG160-FX2 cutter. I used it for a lot of print and cut and I try to keep my files sizes to a maximum of 6ft. long. Anything bigger than that and it's a toss up whether the machine takes it or not. I also agree with MikeD about the printer. Sometimes, for some reason, the print stretches or shrinks the prints and doesn't match the guides. If I have to print/cut bigger files than 6ft., I splice the CUT FILE in two pieces and it works. Good luck!