• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with choosing equipment

buzz4Rob

I am looking to produce 24x6 and 24x8 real estate signs. Real estate sign riders to be exact.

We want to print on hard PVC and Coroplast. I would like a set-up that does not require a lot of extra steps.

I was thinking a direct print to sign set-up would be the best for us. I am looking to have one person working the print station where he or she can produce 25-100 signs a day.

Also, we would like a printer that is not too complicated.

Any recommendations on what I should be looking at?

Thank you for your help.

Rob

Last edited:

Christian @ 2CT Media

At those sizes you can produce way more than 25-100/day unless you are really inefficient. Flatbed would be best for good registration on 2 sides, look at a mimaki flatbed or there is a printer I head good things about that rosegraphix sells for a similar price but much fast speeds.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I'd be looking at a true flatbed over a hybrid for starters.
Mimaki and Oce come to mind. There swissQ but they're more expensive and not needed for what you're doing.
Mimaki is probably the cheapest.

ams

Most real estate riders are aluminum, are you planning on not offering that?

KSTrooper

Wrapper, designer, illustrator
We use our Oce Arizona for real estate signs on coroplast. We just print 10 at a time on 4' x 8' sheets and then slice them apart.