• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with class assignment: Famous Designers?

GoodPeopleFlags

I have a class assignment coming up where I have to research a famous designer and do my resume in their style. Yes, I googled "famous designers" but I thought I would ask for some suggestions from you guys.

So, who are some famous designers that you guys like? Thanks!

10sacer

Designers

Ummm.... you want to be a little more specific on type of designer... cuz the ultimate designer would be God, right?

artbot

get on tedtalks and search the designers there. you should be picking out the designer, not someone else.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I'm figuring it's graphic designers, a few famous ones I like are...

(the list is kinda done in a chronological order...)

Fillipo Marinetti
Fortunato Depero
El Lissitzsky
Alexander Rodchenko
Stenberg Brothers
Herbert Beyer
Jan Tschichold
Latislav Sutnar
Piet Zwart
A.M. Cassandre
Lester Beal
Herbert Matter
Paul Rand
Alvin Lustig
Armin Hofmann
Saul Bass
Victor Moscoso
April Greiman
Art Chantry
Ed Fella
David Carson
Jennifer Sterling
Charles S. Anderson
Louise Fili
Margo Chase
Paula Scher
Marian Bantjes
Shepard Fairey

Pat Whatley

Paul Rand practically redefined branding in America.

Plus, as a bonus, there's a boatload of info out there about him so research would be easy. Artbot is right though, research your own heroes, not someone elses

Dave Drane

My heroes are all sign people? Mike Stevens, Chester Cunningham and lots of others who you still see featured in Signcraft.

signmeup

I think you might need to define famous. Are you looking for a designer that the average Joe on the street would know? How about Gucci?

MikePro

did you know Gucci was originally studying to become a doctor?
edited: it feels like i'm making this fact up, but it was a trivia question at my team trivia last wednesday...

OldPaint

DESIGNER: cover a lot of territory. pick one of many feilds of DESIGN.
architectural- frank lloyd wright
automotive- harley earl, exner,
electronics-jobs, bill gates
you can always watch HGTV, for all those"designers" hehehehehehehe

GoodPeopleFlags

Thanks for all the replies! I should've put "graphic designers". I thought it would've been obvious but I guess not. I *never* wanted anyone to pick one for me; that would be ridiculous. I was just looking for some suggestions from other designers (you guys) who might know some names that google didn't pick up. Graphic designers generally don't get famous outside of the design community so I thought you guys would be able to give me some names to look up. Then I could choose one that I like and go forward with my project. I'll check out your suggestions tonight. (Can't do school work at real work!)

Again, thanks so much for taking the time to help me out!