• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with computer

149motorsports

I have some cd's that im trying to open to view in flexi sign. I open my D drive and their a zip, so i put it through my winace and i click on the file, it opens up "Choose the program you want to use this in" but flexi isnt one of the listed ones.... how do i put flexi in that list?

Thanks

WildWestDesigns

I have some cd's that im trying to open to view in flexi sign. I open my D drive and their a zip, so i put it through my winace and i click on the file, it opens up "Choose the program you want to use this in" but flexi isnt one of the listed ones.... how do i put flexi in that list?

Thanks

Go into Windows Explorer, open the directory that has your files. Unzip if need be... right click the file, click the option "open with" and then go find where Flexi is on your computer. Make sure to select either the shortcut or the actual .exe file.

WildWestDesigns

Or open flexi and file > open from there. Save the headache of open with.

Thing is, if you do it through the "Open With", it'll give you the option to associate all file types to that program. If you do it just by opening flexi, it isn't associated with that file type. You'll always have to go through flexi first. This way you should be able to click on the file itself and it'll automatically go to flexi. You have to do a "complicated" route first to set it up for the "easy" route later.

Johnny Go

If it is a zip file, Right click on it and select 'extract here' then you should be able to open it with your flex program.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
somewhat unrelated. But I stopped using WinZip and the other more widely known archive handlers to 7-zip http://www.7-zip.org

It's free /open source and I haven't found an archive it will not handle.

149motorsports

I tried what everyone said and no go.

I opened Flexi
Put the cd in and opened up the cd
Winace comes up
I click on the zip and it unzips to each file
I click on a file eps and it says "open with"
Flexi is not listed, so i went into "Browse"
Program files comes up and i see flexi, i hit "open"
Then it just shows everthing in flexi, like archives, borders,ect...

J Hill Designs

can you find a shortcut to open flexi and right click do properties and see where it points to? that is where you will find your answer...

149motorsports

Short cut is selected when i did that (alos general and compatibility were there)

Target C Drive

I do see app, app2, cd server, 1284inst, 1284remove, clear pref, cpsi

i tried the app and app2.. app2 open production mgr....app takes it back to winace

dman0427

you probably have to "import" or something.
With Flexi's predecessor (inspire) you have to go to file, import, (look for the eps file) and it will import it on the workspace.

149motorsports

ok, well i got somewhere lol... i extracted them to flexi from winace, then i had to go into flexi, open, c drive, then the files went there...

The last time i used winace, all i had to do was unzip the files and i doubled clicked on the eps. file and it opened right into flexi, no going into to flexi and finding the files. lol thanks for everyones help, looks like i may have to do it the long way :(