Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with concave areas pulling up.

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by rdm01, Mar 21, 2013.

1. rdm01

rdm01 Very Active Member

Dec 28, 2007
    Portland Metro Area
    Our company vehicle is showing some "bubbling" where the vinyl was not properly fed into or post heated on the concave body lines. Some areas of the wrap were used as a training platform for people in our shop getting their feet wet with wrapping. I'd rather not rewrap the whole thing, is there a fix for this?

I have tried a little to heat and push it in there, but it appears to want to come back out. My gut tells me to just redo the problem panels, but I thought I would check for a quick cure if anyone has something. Thanks!

Tags:
  2. tsgstl

tsgstl Active Member

Jan 17, 2012
    You can splice or patch it but this is your show piece for clients when you are selling one so follow your gut. I have however always wondered what would happen if you injected primer into the trouble area with a syringe and then worked it out. I doubt it would work because it couldn't set up but I have still wondered.

3. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    I wondered that too and tried it - bad idea.
    The primer seemed to burn the glue off the material and melt the vinyl.
    This was under 180cv3 that had been on the vehicle for year or 2. It was lifting in the channel under the windows on a Ford van. It was lifting only on the seam overlap. I had used the primer on the body during the original install.
    I think Primer 94 needs to be set up before the material touches it. It stays tacky forever as far as I can tell.

wayne k
    guam usa