• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with contour cut in Signlab 7.1

SimonJP

I have been handed the graphics/design side of the business and am trying to learn it. I have looked on this forum, on youtube and other places on the internet but havent found the tutorial that i need. I have photos or pictures that I have taken the backgrounds out of and can get them into signlab 7.1 but when i try to trace the picture so it can be cut out i simply am at a loss. I posterize it and take out the background within signlab 7.1 but when i go to contour cut I cannot get it to do anything but draw a cut line around the entire box which is the picture instead of around the picture itself.

Any help with this is very much appreciated!!!:thankyou:

SimonJP

Much appreciated - i sent it over as a zip file - believe it is still sending. But I am still trying to figure out how to get it to do the contour cut lines around it. I have some stickers, pictures, etc that I want to do but I have to figure out the way in which to get it done.

Does signlab 9 do it pretty simplistic?

Ursta Graphics

I'm on Signlab 9 and it has an auto contour feature. I don't think it was available in my version 7. I used to vectorize the image to get a base .. and then weld it solid and adjust the cut path by hand. If ciber can't do it shoot it over to me.

ryan@urstagraphics.com

We'd Probably have to back-save it or save the cut path as an .eps because I don't think 9 and 7 are backwards compatible.

SimonJP

I have Adobe CS5 production suite - I use photoshop very decently - Illustrator I am not as proficient in but can learn quickly. Signlab 7.1 is what we use for layout, simply because that is what the person who was doing used... then we send it to Roland Versaworks to print/cut anything.

Yes I need to cut around the bills and gold. The sign is going on my bro-in-laws box truck which is already white. I am in TN and he is in IN so I am trying to print/contour cut the gold/cash along with the lettering to send to him so he can mount it all himself.

But i have other things that I am trying to do similar things to so I have been trying to learn the process in which to take these types of items into signlab to print/cut..