Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Corel 11

Discussion in 'Corel' started by evader, Nov 24, 2006.

1. evader

evader Member

Jan 8, 2005
    Canada
    I'm not sure how to explain this so I posted some pictures below. The first picture is how corel files are supposed to look on your desktop. The second picture is how they look on my desktop. They still open alright, but they just don't look like they are supposed to.

I know it's not a really big deal since they still open properly, however I don't want to accidently delete something thinking the file is no good.

Can anyone help me get them back to the way they are supposed to look?

Attached Files:

• a.jpg
      a.jpg
      File size:
      24.5 KB
      Views:
    • b.jpg
      b.jpg
      File size:
      27.1 KB
      Views:
    Tags:
  2. anothersign

anothersign Member

May 28, 2006
    Illinois
    Hmmmm

Did you try right clicking the file and use open with corel then check use this choice everytime?

3. evader

evader Member

Jan 8, 2005
    Canada
    when I do that it just opens up the file...there is no option to choose use this choice everytime...

4. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    You have to select "Choose Program..." at the bottom of the 'Open With...' popup the you invoked by right-clicking the file icon. This brings up another dialog where you can choose the program to use as well as specify to always use this program for this type of file.

5. evader

evader Member

Jan 8, 2005
    Canada
    That opens the file in corel...which it does if I just double click on the file...but it doesn't change the icon for the file. :help:

6. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    What OS are you running?

7. anothersign

anothersign Member

May 28, 2006
    Illinois
    Is this only on local computer?

Is this only on a local computer or on a network? i have seen this same problem but only on a nework with a VPN connection but never had that problem when running 1 pc.

8. evader

evader Member

Jan 8, 2005
    Canada
    It's windows xp and it's on a network...but everything is alright with the other system on the network

9. signage

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Are the other machines running XP?

10. evader

evader Member

Jan 8, 2005
    Canada
    no actually, the other machine is running 98

11. signage

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    OK what you need to do is check to see if the file on the XP machine is save with a thumbnail. Or try and create a new file and make sure you save it with a thumbnail. Hope this helps.

12. niksagkram

niksagkram Active Member

I had this same issue with X3. I just re-installed and it fixed it. Don't know why, but it did.

Mark