• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with CorelDraw X3

Braz

Can anyone tell me how to creat a "border" around an imported image that I can use to cut-out with my plotter? For example, If I import walmarts logo, and want to cut out the contours and not just a box around it.

Thanks for any help you can provide

intensegraphics

If the image is "clean", try tracing it. You may need to adjust the nodes if the trace isn't smooth enough for you. Then you can add a contour to the trace. Seperate contour (to be used as cut line), and delete trace image.

Hope that helps!

Bill43mx

You can trace it as suggested but usually I find it quicker to create the shape from scratch using the bezier tool and then adjusting the nodes until I'm satisfied. It's often quicker to do it that way then to clean up the mess created by tracing. If you are going to trace (convert) it then I suggest taking a minute to go into the bitmap tools and select "mode" and then "Black and white" and "line art". This will simplify the image before converting it to a vector.

jiarby

For a Walmart logo why are you using a bitmap?? You should be using a vector. They are everywhere on the internet.

Otherwise....

You have to DRAW the cutline.

jiarby

look at it in wireframe...you still have the box. Even if you remove the B/G in photopaint you still have the box. The vector program just sees a pixel. All pixels look the same.

You have to learn to use your drawing tools. It is a prerequisite to being in the business.

Post the picture so we can see what is vexing you.

iSign Wraps

You can duplicste your image then hit the edit bitmap, mask off what part you want to outline and paint it all black and save back to Draw. Now trace and then add contour to desired width.

Ken

Bezier tool...

I agree with Bill and Signage as above.
This tool is often easier than the trace feature.
Cheers!
Ken

iSign Wraps

if he can mask it off then he can just draw the outline!

I find the magic wand and the mask by colors are a wonderful thing. Saves lots of time drawing. If you create a nice clean silhouette the trace is a breeze. You can smooth it a little farther by contouring outside then back in.