• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with Coreldraw x5

blufftonsignguy

I am in need of some help with coreldraw. I am attempting to create contour cut lines in coreldraw to output to my roland printer but I cant figure out how to create those lines. i have found several things on youtube and etc but not what I need. I found that you should be able to select the object(s), click on effects, and on create boundary but my program doesnt have that selection under effects Can anyone help me?

Thank you in advance

Attachments

• Untitled-1.pdf
    470.7 KB · Views: 106

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
You need to ungroup all your objects -> under the arrange tab
If you want the thickness of the brown paths to be included in the contour used, you need to select and convert them to objects -> under the arrange tab
Now select all the objects and the shaping toolbar should pop up on the top of the screen, the last icon on the right will create the boundary from the selected objects.
You can also use the shaping docker on the right if the toolbar does not show up. You may have to open it by selecting Window tab>Dockers>Shaping
If you want the boundary to have an offset use the Contour tool on the left - set it to outside, one step, & set the offset to what you need i.e. .10" or .25"
Break apart the contour - ungroup and delete the original boundary path.

Seems complicated when written out like this but it is pretty easy after you find all the tools.

wayne k
guam usa

blufftonsignguy

Thanks for the great tips guys. I am unable to try it right now, but I will get to it in the morning. I sure hope that works! Coreldraw has been so hard for me to learn but right now I cant put out more money to get an easier program.

Thanks Again!!!

Laz0924

Go on utube and look for Steven Jackson he has several videos on how to do this, also looks like you will have some inside cutlines that will probably need to be cut out, use the smart fill too and select no fill and hairline for the outline, then conture to the outside>break it apart and delete the outside line.
Joe