Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with creation pcut 630

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Plotters' started by darren79516, Jan 18, 2006.

1. darren79516

darren79516 New Member

Jan 18, 2006
    Hi All,

Just bought a creation pcut 630, not responding, i got artcut 2002 with the machine and i'm using XP. I have the machine linked with a USB to serial adaptor. Any ideas??

Tags:
  2. kevco

kevco Guest

first make sure the screen on the plotter reads "ON LINE" Then make sure the communication speed is set the same as your software (usually 9600 bps sometimes pcut set the default to 19200) give a little more info if these two things are correct and I'll try to help more. Another thing make sure you have the right port selected (usb1 or whatever you are hooked to)

3. kevco

kevco Guest

I just reread your post if the other things are correct I bet the problem is the serial to usb adaptor. The cheap ones won't work with plotters as they only use 5 or 6 of the pins and are intened for printers and I-pods and such. Go to a computer store and get one that uses all 9 pins. Also drop a note in the new member welcoms and tell us a little about yourself.:thumb: :Welcome: to :signs101:

4. sunco

sunco New Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Make sure that your blade holder is not all the way to the left or right side because there are kill buttons on each end. There is a site that talks about problems on these plotters. intlsigns.com/forum/chat/plotters/3509. One thing they said is that artcut causes most of the problems. Mine came with winpcsign, a bit of a pain, but it does work. Can be found for cheap on ebay along with starter flexi. Good luck, Fred