Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with CutContour

Discussion in 'Corel' started by BlueFishDesigns, Apr 2, 2007.

1. BlueFishDesigns

BlueFishDesigns Very Active Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Huntsville, AL
    I'm using CorelDraw 12 and printing to a Roland Soljet. I need to cut just the outside path of a border - not the outside and inside, which is what happens when I assign it the CutPath. I was told that I need to set up a CutContour in order to do this. I've set up a CutContour but when I assign it to the border, it's still showing that it's going to cut both the inside and outside paths of the border. I went ahead and took it over to ColorRip and it also shows there that it's going to cut both paths. How can I make it cut just the outside path?

Tags:
  2. ChiknNutz

ChiknNutz Major Contributor

Apr 18, 2003
    Sounds like you're using an outline converted to curves...is that right? What you need is a single path, usually best generated by using the Interactive Contour tool, which has an hairline outline assiged as the CutContour (with a Spot Color).

BTW, you should really consider upgrading to Corel X3 as it has superior contour creation in the way of significantly reduced node count and smoother results.