• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with CutContour

GoodPeopleFlags

I'm using CorelDraw 12 and printing to a Roland Soljet. I need to cut just the outside path of a border - not the outside and inside, which is what happens when I assign it the CutPath. I was told that I need to set up a CutContour in order to do this. I've set up a CutContour but when I assign it to the border, it's still showing that it's going to cut both the inside and outside paths of the border. I went ahead and took it over to ColorRip and it also shows there that it's going to cut both paths. How can I make it cut just the outside path?

ChiknNutz

Sounds like you're using an outline converted to curves...is that right? What you need is a single path, usually best generated by using the Interactive Contour tool, which has an hairline outline assiged as the CutContour (with a Spot Color).

BTW, you should really consider upgrading to Corel X3 as it has superior contour creation in the way of significantly reduced node count and smoother results.