• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with Cutter Plotte please, Speed, Pess Offset

Solomon

Hello. The cutter Plotter I am using is Mimaki CG-60 SR III.
I have a few different materials I want to cut like 380 microns with glitter, 350 microns for shirt and 75 microns for stickers. I can’t seem to find the correct ratio between Speed Press and Offset. I already destroyed a lot of material in the process. Maybe someone has this issue and knows a fix.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Speed: On simple shapes and larger jobs you can usually just crank it up to full speed. On more detailed and smaller jobs, you want to slow it down. 30 - 40 cm per second is a speed that should be able to cut most jobs without issues.

Pressure: Use the test cut feature and dial it in with trial and error. It will cut a square within a square. You should be able to take the inside square out with the tip of a knife without pulling the outside square up. If the outside square pops up with the inside square, you need to up the force.

Offset: This is a physical property of the blade and does not change unless you switch to different blade angle. The standard blade that comes with the cutter has an offset value of 0.30.

If you still get bad cuts, most likely the blade isn't installed properly. Also, for thicker materials you will need to use a higher angle blade like the 56 degree blade which has a 0.15 offset.