• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Help with dos version of casmate

spankyt

My old 486 dx 4 failed. Am able to load on newer celery with just dos. Will not load spoiler for mimaki cg90 plotter. Any suggestions

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
upload_2017-12-15_9-48-55.jpeg

player

Incredible! I used dos Casmate in 1995 or so. I hope you can get help to get it up and running again. Show those subscription b!tches what is what. So 22 years x 12 months x $60 per month is $15,840.

WildWestDesigns

Incredible! I used dos Casmate in 1995 or so. I hope you can get help to get it up and running again. Show those subscription b!tches what is what. So 22 years x 12 months x $60 per month is $15,840.

Not all that hard to keep it going if "you" don't mind either virtualizing or emulating (not the same thing).

Not a fan of FreeDOS though, but that's an option, but not always full support with every program that would run under DOS.

Attachments

• DOS.png
    DOS.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 118

k_graham

My old 486 dx 4 failed. Am able to load on newer celery with just dos. Will not load spoiler for mimaki cg90 plotter. Any suggestions

I do not have Casemate but do run a couple legacy programs. My Point of sale which started based on DOS but networked,works fine as a workstation under Windows 98 - the reason for Windows 98 is it is the last program that would send direct to printer and thus start printing immediately. I actually also run the administration back end of this in a Hyperterminal running Windows 7 , 32 bit on a Windows 10 64 bit computer, and to make it more interesting the program and Data actualy reside on a full Linux Server from Contribs.org. The issue with the point of sale is sending to printer from Windows 98 is immediate but from XP or later requires items wait about 30 seconds before printer outputs. An additional benefit of Windows 98 is drivers are available to support USB ports needed as keyboards and mice get harder to hook up. Hardware wise this opens up later computers like Pentium 4's which are faster but probably easier to obtain.

A word of warning, I could not use Windows 98, 2nd edition. Only Windows 98 and then separately download universal USB drivers, Space is not an issue except drive is Formatted FAT so 2 gigs. instead of installing from CD copy to drive in subdirectory Windows 98 then run setup from there, in this way any time new items are installed the software normally can find. If your software requires a Dongle don't forget to move it to the new hardware.