• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with equipment value

BRUSHMARKS

We are looking into purchasing equipment from a local business that had their own graphic dept to cover all their products they make. They are looking for a discount on their future purchases, also as part of the deal.

So lets say they do $20,000 a year in sales now.
they want a 10% discount
and we want a 3 year contract
Ballpark would should value of that be if we figure that 33% of the 20,000 is just material and labor cost?

Here is their equipment, What is rough value? roughly 5 years old.

Graphtec Cutting pro FC7000-100 (runs great)
PrismJet Extra 46" (runs)
PrismJet Extra 42" (missing a few minor Parts)
Endura lam 53" (works good)
Flexi Pro 7 for windows

they have some supplies and materials also but can figure price my self on that.

StarSign

What they "do" in sales probably isn't what they will bring to you, contract or not. If you feel that you can get a good deal on the equipment give them 15%. Either you pay their price for the equipment and no discount or your price and a discount. Also do you need to make this purchase?

BRUSHMARKS

What they "do" in sales probably isn't what they will bring to you, contract or not. If you feel that you can get a good deal on the equipment give them 15%. Either you pay their price for the equipment and no discount or your price and a discount. Also do you need to make this purchase?
Well the 20,000 a year is what we feel it will be. they had a machine down for about 9 months and we did right around 15,000 in those 9 months. so we have prices set with them now on all their decal kits and we suggested a 10% because they obvisously know material cost them self. So they can see the mark up.
The benefit of purchasing to get their business it is a steady company their orders in feb are same as in july. nice filler jobs to get through the winters.

RobbyMac

Whether they know the markup or not doesnt really matter. You have a business to run. They obviously can't afford to pay an employee to run the equipment for less than 20k a year (what theyre purchasing from you each year) if I read this correctly.

BRUSHMARKS

20,00 in sales a year?? only thing in that list i see useful is the graphtech

Ya that was my thoughts i just figured if i resell all equipment am i looking at $500 or $5,000 just trying to figure resale of equipment. and what is the value of a 20,000 a year customer.

BRUSHMARKS

Whether they know the markup or not doesnt really matter. You have a business to run. They obviously can't afford to pay an employee to run the equipment for less than 20k a year (what theyre purchasing from you each year) if I read this correctly.

Ya i hear ya on that.