• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with error message

trakers

Some things to try

Very likely has to do with the Y motor (or the carriage motor). Same error on mine last year. There is a pulley on the motor shaft that was glued on and the glue broke loose on mine causing that same error.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had the same problem and what it was the cleaning pad was to high and it caused the carriage to bump into instead of slide over it.... check that first..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could also simply be the metal rods the head travels on are dirty and the associated bushings on the head may be as well.
If the path is clear for the head to move and all parts seem to be working fine, try cleaning the rod with alcohol then lube it with the lightest weight oil you can find. Then wipe off any excess oil and try again.
Try checking the motor driving the carriage. I believe there is a small belt driving a pulley assembly on that model. Check the condition of the belt and its tension. If the belt has broken it is a fairly simple repair.

Jackpine

I had the same problem and what it was the cleaning pad was to high and it caused the carriage to bump into instead of slide over it.... check that first..
As trakers said....Could also simply be the metal rods the head travels on are dirty and the associated bushings on the head may be as well.
If the path is clear for the head to move and all parts seem to be working fine, try cleaning the rod with alcohol then lube it with the lightest weight oil you can find. Then wipe off any excess oil and try again.
----------------------------

Victor from cmykparts.com and Bruce both suggested the capping station might be hanging up so I repositioned it by hand and lubricated the springs and the slides and everything is working. I cleaned the rails and lubricated them with a light oil and cleaned the encoder strip.
Thanks for the help.