• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with "feature" outer or inner glow in Flexi

EternalAudio

Illustrator has an inner and outer glow feature, which I am trying to do the same thing inside of Flexi. Is this possible, and how, if it is?

Basically, I have a shape that I am trying to create a border around that goes from a transparent/white inside, gradient to a solid black edge of about 2 inches around the entire object.

Thanks as always for any insight any of you may have.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Not sure this is possible with Flexi. Flexi's bitmap handling capabilities are rather primitive which includes the inability to do gradient transparencies among other things.

Create your image elsewhere, flatten it into a bitmap, and then import it into Flexi. Keep in mind that Flexi doesn't honor anyone else's transparencies. The ways to do what you want are legion, but not in Flexi. Flexi primarily is a vector handling package and bitmaps are an afterthought.

J Hill Designs

blend in corel (top is start shapes [white stroke on second shape just to be able to see it - remove before blending])

blend inner shape to second shape - 50 steps here

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 113