• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

help with flexi... im having a nervous breakdown

LongBeachCoupe

Hey guys...
I focus on a specific type of vinyl cutting and application...

I had my templates all set and I havent used flexi in a while as a result, i was just plotting plotter ready files from the production manager.

I tried to make a small adjustment to one of my templates, and now I cant get the panels in flexi to work right, they are too small and its screwing everything up for me.

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• help.jpg
    help.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 127

iSign

is this job supposed to fit in the 6 large blocks and not cross into the two skinny sections at the right?

Is the zero setting on the rulers that far from the contour for a reason?
If you set the zero next to your contours, would that shift your panels more how you want them?

Besides answering my questions, if this isn't the problem, you might want to invest some time in communicating in great detail just exactly what the job requires, what used to work, in what manner, and exactly what is going wrong today 7 what exactly needs to work differently today.

A lot of people who may have the skill to help you, may not have time for guessing games today.

LongBeachCoupe

My vinyl is on a 24" roll... I just want it on one panel, but for some reason it is giving me a much smaller panel size that I dont remember how to change.

I dont remember how to shift the rulers over to the image and I think that is part of the problem, but i believe the biggest issue is the tile size...
How do I change the tile size?

I appologize for not being more detailed in my OP...
I appreciate the high level of intelect available here and again I appologize for my lack of talent working with the software.

trik

If it supposed to be one panel, just type in the size of the panel(the dimensions of what you are cutting) and it should reset to one panel.

LongBeachCoupe

If it supposed to be one panel, just type in the size of the panel(the dimensions of what you are cutting) and it should reset to one panel.

The panel size it is letting me change, but the tile size is what it wont let me enlarge... As a result, its plotting it off the side of the roll...

iSign

If you can zoom in on just the output or panel window, and post it larger for us, that might be helpful. I don't have a lot of Flexi stuff memorized, but myself, or someone else may recognize a valuable solution by being able to see & read all the choices on that window. Right now I can't see them.

Bradster941

I think if you go to the 1st. tab, you will find your media size is set to or about 12".
Change that to the 24" you say you are using.
But, in the picture you are showing, your graphic size is 32" if I'm reading that right. So you will still have panels.

Steve Rife

Once you get your job size and media size resolved, in order to reset the panels... go to the Panel tab of our Cut/Plot dialog and press the middle button (Auto panel) located under the "Tile all copies" checkbox. This will reset the panels based on media width.

Steven Rife
Beacon Graphics
www.beacongraphics.com

LongBeachCoupe

Juror... Thanks a lot man...

I am not sure what exactly I did to screw this all up, but I changed the "material" to user defined and made it 24"x 50" (i use 24" vinyl and 50" is long enough)

Then hit the auto panel... For some reason it had the image scaled down really small, to 4% or so of actual size, and when I returned it to 100%, it looks just as it did the last time I plotted it and things were ok.

Thanks again guys!