Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Font Name...

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by signgirl, Jan 10, 2006.

1. signgirl

signgirl Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Illinois
    Does anyone know the name of the font crafters (country) use?? Has the dots at the ends of the straight strokes? That's the best i can explain it:help:

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    You can't point us to a picture of it?

3. ScottyDoo

ScottyDoo Member

Jan 2, 2006
    Dangit, I know exactly what you're talking about...I even have it, but can't remember the blasted name.

4. iSign

iSign Verboten

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    [​IMG]
    Tekton sorta has "dots"

...they don't look like much in this pic, but like when an architect stops his pen for a second before lifting it off the paper leaving these neat line terminations?

5. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    Tekton, Technical, and I'm sure other names as well depending on whose it is. It's supposed to look like a casual round-tip speedball alphabet. Hence the initial blobs.

6. ScottyDoo

ScottyDoo Member

Jan 2, 2006
    Those aren't the fonts she's talking about...

7. ScottyDoo

ScottyDoo Member

Jan 2, 2006
    That's getting closer Rick, but it's not exactly it...I know I have some scrapbook stuff here from my sister in law using that style. Let me see if I can find some and take a pic. I have the exact font in Composer on my work machine that we imported into it. Dang...stupid name eludes me.

Will have to post it in the morning if someone doesn't beat me to it.

8. signgirl

signgirl Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Illinois
    Sottydoo, yes it is the type the scrapbookers use. Sorry i did not have something to post to give you all an idea plus this is the company's sucky computer that its hooked up to the internet and gives me constant problems.
    Thanks to everyone for your responses. I will keep checking back!

9. The Vector Doctor

The Vector Doctor Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Ohio
    There are some fonts like these at http://www.momscorner4kids.com/fonts/

I don't rememeber any names right off hand, but I thought I throw that at you if you had the time to browse there for something that looks close. A lot easier than us doing it when we have nothing to look at.

10. signgirl

signgirl Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Illinois
    Thank you so much! What a great site for this kind of lettering! Sorry i was not helpful in giving a visual but as alway you have helped tremendously! This week already has been a headbanging time. Thanks Again!!

11. ScottyDoo

ScottyDoo Member

Jan 2, 2006
    Vdoc...

That's the site I was just going to post. Check out Cool Dots, etc.