• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with font

totalimage

Does anyone have a font called "Bodega sans" ? Willing to trade another font for it or a HUGE Thank you !!!! Need it right away...

totalimage

Well Thanks... But we are hoping not to pay for it ... Dont want to sound cheap ..but .... we are donating this banner to the little league so they can make money for improvments to the fields... "IT IS FOR THE KIDS"

Shovelhead

Can someone send it to me too?.....need a vectored Harley logo also.
By the way...what is vectored??
Thanks in advance.:rolleyes:

GK

no offense, but I don't think you are going to find anyone giving you this font. whether the project its for is free or not, it still comes down to licensing and the license for the font is not free.

totalimage

Well sorry ..I did say I would trade for it .. But I understand...Certainly dont want to break the law...... But there is always someone who might want to donate it for a good cause...We are not making any money on this so I hope no one thinks I was asking for this in any wrong manner. So if anyone has this front for sale for a reasonable fee please pm me or email me....Thank you

MobileImpact

free project for the kids?
use a free font (one you already own)

Just cause it's for the kids, doesn't mean everyone will give it to you for nothing.

Hell, my kids need braces and eyeglasses that I have to pay for, and I purchased all my fonts to do jobs to pay for them.

Kevin

totalimage

One more thing so you all understand... The font is for a logo that the art work is not available at this time. We make the banner for the league at no charge then they charge the sponsor and apply the money for improvements. Take a look at my avatar I dont do illegal things.....Well I guess sometimes...lol

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Well sorry ..I did say I would trade for it .. But I understand...Certainly dont want to break the law...... But there is always someone who might want to donate it for a good cause...We are not making any money on this so I hope no one thinks I was asking for this in any wrong manner. So if anyone has this front for sale for a reasonable fee please pm me or email me....Thank you

The only party that could trade with you legally would be the owner of the font. They offer trading terms for money. Please respect their rights ... after all they did design and produce an excellent font that you will find handy for lots of jobs that will pay for it over and over.

totalimage

Thats fine Fred Thank you....I will have to find a place and pay for it. End of dicussion. I made a mistake and now it is time to move on......

MobileImpact

One more thing so you all understand... The font is for a logo that the art work is not available at this time. We make the banner for the league at no charge then they charge the sponsor and apply the money for improvements. Take a look at my avatar I dont do illegal things.....Well I guess sometimes...lol

No I think we understand just fine. Just because its a freebie for the kids doesn't mean it should be FREE to you. If you own the font, logo, graphic and want to give it away, thats fine, we all donate things all the time.
But the difference is we or I donate what we have available to us.

If someone wants some thing for free, explain what you can do. If their heart is set on a typestyle that you don't have, you have two choices, buy the font and donate it, or buy the font and charge them.

Yesterday I had a Pee-Wee football team in asking for me to donate printing for a brouchere they were doing. Since I do not print, I was unable to donate this. I did however donate what I could (My time) and designed a layout, which they took to the printer, and got the job printed.

Marlene

It sounds like you are trying to do a good thing and I'm glad that you are willing to donate to a good cause. People here are pretty sensitive when it comes to ownership of logos, fonts and such as we should be. It may come off sounding mean but respect for owership is just that and doesn't change no matter how worthy the cause. Being a professional means knowing what the rules are and living by them no mater what.

MobileImpact

It sounds like you are trying to do a good thing and I'm glad that you are willing to donate to a good cause. People here are pretty sensitive when it comes to ownership of logos, fonts and such as we should be. It may come off sounding mean but respect for owership is just that and doesn't change no matter how worthy the cause. Being a professional means knowing what the rules are and living by them no mater what.

Thanks Marlene for saying what I was trying to say!