• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with fonts

albert310

I'm currently using Gerber OMEGA 2.61 and I have a question regarding fonts. I have been working with some older files of mine that used some fonts I don't have installed. When I try to highlight the text in OMEGA a box pops up saying the following font must be installed before the text block can be edited and gives a number. I was wondering if there is anyway to identify this font by the number given in OMEGA or what the number means.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The number was assigned to it by the Omega TrueType Font Converter. The name of the font will be revealed if you open the GSF file in a word processor as the opening entry.

If you can locate your previously installed TTF Converted fonts, those that were converted start with a "U" followed by seven numbers and the .GSF. I'm not certain but I think the file name number will agree with what is displayed in Composer.

mikey-Oh

we dopn't use a gerber here, but according to one of our copy omega fonts it assigns the numbers based on the font folder.

if you post a pic/example of the font, we could probably tell you what it is

ohp fred beat me

albert310

The number was assigned to it by the Omega TrueType Font Converter. The name of the font will be revealed if you open the GSF file in a word processor as the opening entry.

If you can locate your previously installed TTF Converted fonts, those that were converted start with a "U" followed by seven numbers and the .GSF. I'm not certain but I think the file name number will agree with what is displayed in Composer.
Alright. Thanks. Also, would anyone happen to know how to print out a scaled sketch using OMEGA?

BRHendricks

If your old computer is still working you can copy the GSPFonts folder out of the GSP file and move it to the new system. This will allow you to have all the same fonts off your old computer on your new one.

albert310

Well this is the font that I can't find. Anyone have an idea of what it is?

Attachments

• S6300227.jpg
    S6300227.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 74