• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with greys printing out green - Roland SP540V

Aurorarok

Hello everybody, I'm needing some help, I got a file given to me that needs to be printed for this upcoming Sunday, and I need the file to print properly.
It's mostly gray, I am currently printing from a Roland SP540V, I've cleaned the head and made sure everything was fine, but still having issues.
I print directly from illustrator, and in almost every case it handles everything good, but I cannot get the greys to be correct and proper.
Is anybody able to help or give me some advice?

1715811693763.png

unmateria

Hi :) printing from AI is usually a lottery. Export the PDF, and rasterize it in photoshop srgb so no weird things will happen. If it still prints green, there are many things to check (usually printhead alignment bad or encoder sensor dirty)

Aurorarok

Hi :) printing from AI is usually a lottery. Export the PDF, and rasterize it in photoshop srgb so no weird things will happen. If it still prints green, there are many things to check (usually printhead alignment bad or encoder sensor dirty)
How do I print srgb from photoshop? Photoshop just gets on my case that I'm choosing no color management method, and that I need Adobe Color Printer Utility.

MrDav3C

Ideally you want to get some good colour profiling done and as others have said print from versaworks.

Greys can be a very fine balance to get spot on, before we had decent colour profiles we found some success adjusting the ink levels / tonal curves in the job settings in versaworks.

I'd start with the sliders and increase the magenta slightly, this should make the grey less green but will probably make the print overall slightly darker so perhaps reduce the other colours or slightly to overcome this?