Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with ICC and color management needed (will pay!)

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by StickerGuy83, May 13, 2020.

1. StickerGuy83

StickerGuy83 Member

Sep 25, 2019
    new jersey
    I have been getting inconsistent color with my hp latex printer for a while now. Below lists what I have done thus far, and I am at the point where I may need to adjust some color curves to get grays to come out gray, and not a purplish hue. The lighter neutral grays seem to be the biggest problem as well as the grainy print.

Printer - HP Latex 115
    RIP - Flexi 19 Print and Cut HP Edition
    Media - SAV

Replaced all print heads
    performed PH alignment
    cleaned all the new print heads via the service menu on the printer right after replacing
    removed and re-installed ICC profile
    performed color calibration

Before doing the above, I printed a job that had gray and blue only. It printed the gray with a
    purplish tint to it. After all the above WAS performed, I printed that same job and it printed perfectly.
    So this tells me that one of the print heads were not firing at 100%, maybe deformation of the nozzles was the diagnosis I assumed from what HP Techs told me over the phone.

I then continued printing other jobs that had gray in them, but those grays came out with a
    purplish tint to them. I'm not sure if its just not hitting THAT particular gray and over compensating
    with magenta to correct it? I am not experienced with color management enough to be confident in correcting these color issues myself. I am reaching out to someone here who is experienced and is willing to help me with setting up my ICC and output colors, color curves etc. I am willing to pay for the help!

2. Asuma01

Asuma01 Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Bend, OR
    • Like Like x 2