Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with importing Adobe files

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by Lifesignz, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Lifesignz

Lifesignz New Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Hey guys, I'm a newbie here so patience is appreciated! Been running a sign shop for about a year now and use Mainly Corel x6 for design and Flexi 10.5 for ripping. I have clients who are graphic artists that are sending me vehicle wrap and boat wrap artwork (designed in Adobe CS6) that I can open and view as a pdf, with all of the effects and gradients, but as soon as I try to open in Flexi or Corel, a lot of the effects and gradients disappear or are garbled. I have tried a.i. importing and opening, eps with no success. any input would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Tags:
  2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Unless you need to add a contour cut or edit the file in any way you should just bring the file into the production manager side and not the editor. You can re-size and edit profile settings etc without it actually opening the file for editing. Otherwise, you should be able to open(not import) a pdf into the Flexi editor and it should be pretty reliable. If you are having issues with that I would call Flexi support and let them know. Also, try having your designers save their files in a legacy format. Sometimes that can get rid of compatibility issues.

3. Lifesignz

Lifesignz New Member

Jun 3, 2013
    Thanks! I'll try that.

4. Snydo

Snydo Active Member

May 1, 2008
    Mid Michigan
    Have the designers send you flattened .PSD files. Good Luck.

P.S. And a black and white version for easily making contours if necessary.