• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with importing Adobe files

Lifesignz

Hey guys, I'm a newbie here so patience is appreciated! Been running a sign shop for about a year now and use Mainly Corel x6 for design and Flexi 10.5 for ripping. I have clients who are graphic artists that are sending me vehicle wrap and boat wrap artwork (designed in Adobe CS6) that I can open and view as a pdf, with all of the effects and gradients, but as soon as I try to open in Flexi or Corel, a lot of the effects and gradients disappear or are garbled. I have tried a.i. importing and opening, eps with no success. any input would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Unless you need to add a contour cut or edit the file in any way you should just bring the file into the production manager side and not the editor. You can re-size and edit profile settings etc without it actually opening the file for editing. Otherwise, you should be able to open(not import) a pdf into the Flexi editor and it should be pretty reliable. If you are having issues with that I would call Flexi support and let them know. Also, try having your designers save their files in a legacy format. Sometimes that can get rid of compatibility issues.

Snydo

Have the designers send you flattened .PSD files. Good Luck.

P.S. And a black and white version for easily making contours if necessary.