• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HELP WITH LAMINATION ROLLERS

RICHARD SIMMONS

Hi Group. I would like recommendations. Recently I changed one of the rollers of my laminator, but now, when I reposition it, they are apparently not aligned. When I do lamination, it starts to wrinkle on one side. What is the way to align the 2 rollers? I've tried sheets of paper changing the separation, but the problem continues. Suggestions ??

Oh, no. I am about to replace a roller on a Royal Soveriegn laminator and now I am afraid I will end up with the same problem. I really hope someone can help us out on this. I'd like to know the answer before I order the roller and throw good money after bad. I am already going to be paying more for the replacement roller than I paid for the entire machine second hand.

Mimi9271

Hi Group. I would like recommendations. Recently I changed one of the rollers of my laminator, but now, when I reposition it, they are apparently not aligned. When I do lamination, it starts to wrinkle on one side. What is the way to align the 2 rollers? I've tried sheets of paper changing the separation, but the problem continues. Suggestions ??
Hi, I had a SEAL 62ProS Laminator years ago that was already old when i started at my current job. The rollers had major slits in them (horrible) Then the rollers went out of level alignment (mostly from me opening it up three times a week to fix the loose brake washers on the shaft) Or to try to fix the already compromised leveling on the roller. OY! We hobbled along for about a year then finally decided to bite the bullet and buy a new machine. I happen to love the SEAL - its totally intuitive and easy to operate. We then sent out the old roller from the cooked machine ,had it re-covered as an emergency back-up roller (it took three weeks to a month) approx $2400-3000 if i remember correct. Are you doing the maintenance yourself? There are a few and far between service techs that can come out to service machines. As far as aligning the rollers__Extremely difficult. Like I said, I tried noodling though that too many times only to get less than satisfactory results. Even our service tech's efforts would only last a week or so before it got janky again. How old is your laminator?

RICHARD SIMMONS

Hi, I had a SEAL 62ProS Laminator years ago that was already old when i started at my current job. The rollers had major slits in them (horrible) Then the rollers went out of level alignment (mostly from me opening it up three times a week to fix the loose brake washers on the shaft) Or to try to fix the already compromised leveling on the roller. OY! We hobbled along for about a year then finally decided to bite the bullet and buy a new machine. I happen to love the SEAL - its totally intuitive and easy to operate. We then sent out the old roller from the cooked machine ,had it re-covered as an emergency back-up roller (it took three weeks to a month) approx $2400-3000 if i remember correct. Are you doing the maintenance yourself? There are a few and far between service techs that can come out to service machines. As far as aligning the rollers__Extremely difficult. Like I said, I tried noodling though that too many times only to get less than satisfactory results. Even our service tech's efforts would only last a week or so before it got janky again. How old is your laminator?
Hi ! The truth is that I am about 10-12 years old with my laminator, which I bought second hand. I do not know the brand, since it does not have it anywhere, not even in the catalog of parts that they gave me. I have already made many attempts to align them, and apparently the problem was solved. It's just a lot of patience !!

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
The wrinkling of lamination on one side could be a difference in the pressure from one side to the other. I have recently added laminators to the machines I work on and have learned they are sensitive to these side to side pressures. I use a very thin steel shim I got from Royal Sovereign that I attach to a digital fish scale. This is done without lamination in your machine. You need to find out from your laminator manufacturer the process for doing this as it varies based on whether it is a flat roller or a crown roller (Royal Sovereign is a crown roller, meaning the roller is slightly larger in the middle then the ends). If that isn't an option, then you will want to make tiny adjustments to the pressure on one side until the wrinkling goes away. Without a gauge, it is a time and material consuming process. Patience and good luck!

Mimi9271

Hi ! The truth is that I am about 10-12 years old with my laminator, which I bought second hand. I do not know the brand, since it does not have it anywhere, not even in the catalog of parts that they gave me. I have already made many attempts to align them, and apparently the problem was solved. It's just a lot of patience !!
Glad to hear that you were able to fix it! best of luck to you : )