• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with logo

Erin

I have a new client that wants a logo but not really a logo. What they want is just the company name...no real type of logo just the name. They want it to be classy looking so that when people see it they don't feel like they are just reading the name type of thing...does that make any sense?

I was just wondering if anyone had any idea's on a certain font that would be good for something like this, something that would set the name apart from the regular text on the business card, letterhead and all that stuff. The company name is Catalst Finance.

Thanks for the help. :thumb:

Derf

Try a simple font..
Make a slight mod...
Ad shape...

and poof instant logo

Attachments

• CF.pdf
    405 KB · Views: 110

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
For someone in finance, I generally think of a fairly formal serif style ... conveys formality, trustworthiness, established etc.. I would look through your fonts for larger families such as Palatino, Garamond, Caslon, Bodoni and choose what suits you. The reason for a large family is to have lots of weights with italics available for different situations.

BTW, you might want to check the spelling of Catalst. Sounds like you meant catalyst.

Erin

Thanks everyone...that should get me started.

And you are right Fred...it was a typo on my part. Thanks!

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
If you are willing to spend some money (charge the customer) you should check out...
http://www.fontshop.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.home

Click on the links for sans, serif, etc. They list some new/popular ones on the right column

They have a lot of the fonts that are quite unique. Look for something other than the old standbys: Futura, Garamond, Palatino, Franklin Gothic, Optima. Those are nice fonts, but they are everywhere. Unless you/they don't want to spend the money, you should check this site out. And you can typeset and preview the various fonts - try before you buy.

Whatever you do, try to avoid any font that comes standard with Windows/Macs. They are overused.