• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with Magnet Printer/Plotter

Magnetletters

Hello and my question is what is the best plotter to print directly on 30 or 20 mil magnets. I'm a die cutter and cut magnets but have other ideas. I've been looking for a plotter (used) I saw this post in CL and was looking for some guidance and opinions.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/bfs/1576264659.html

I appreciate the reply's. I'm seeing more and more business moving from flat bed screen shops into or adding the plotters for businesses. We also do alot of vinyl die cutting and could use a plotter but any plotter we get need to be able to print directly on magnets.

I went to the newbie section pertaining to post and answers and didn't see much traffic in the section. If "best magnet plotter" has been posted somewhere else I apologize in advance. I looked and didn't see it anywhere. Again, thanks

Stan

J Hill Designs

I believe you mean printer instead of plotter...most mags aren't direct printed unless on flatbed...too much risk of head strike - print onto vinyl and slap it on...

The Equipment Guy

I have many customers who have used the Gerber Edge for this, along with a Gerber plotter you can do custom contoured cuts as well. There are tons of other uses as well. I have a few for sale on my website www.theequipmentguy.com

The used Colorspans can be a bear to get parts for and are expensive to produce on, good color though. The Edge is a little expensive as far as larger runs, but for the shorter runs it's ideal.

Craig