• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with manual maintenance on VP-540

sjohnnycu

Anyone ever had a problem with the print head not moving over when trying to do a manual maintenance? I go through the setup and once I remove the cover and hit enter, the print head does nothing. I've tried with the front cover open. I've tried with the front open, then closed. I've tried with media loaded and unloaded. What am I missing? This is the first time I had to do it.
TIA

DizzyMarkus

Remove the left cover only...my sp300v won't run unless I leave the main cover on until the head moves over...then take the main off

Markus

sdodson1

Make sure your tab switch is popping up when you remove the left cover. I have seen them stick before. It's the silver metal tab that tells the machine the cover is off. If thats not it it could have a loose connection at the switch. Worst case, power down and unplug them manually move the head, clean then return to dock and restart.

sjohnnycu

Thanks.. I will check that tab when I get home. I was thinking it might be something like that, but wasn't sure. If that's not the problem and I push it over, do I need to raise the heads or anything first?

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Worst case scenario, move it manually with it turned off. Do your cleaning, then turn it on and see if it brings it back to home position on it's own.
Just move it SLOWLY.
You have to push it to the right first if it's in home position locked...to unlock the mechanism.