• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with Mutoh valueCut 1800 cutting plotter

SignSourceGal

Hey everyone... I recently purchased what might be turning out to be a dead plotter. I load the media, it does the media measuring and then does nothing at all. I press enter(ok) but nothing happens. I read that it's supposed to tell me "ready to print" after hitting enter but it reads it all out on the display and that's where it stays.

I am using flexi 10 to communicate with it via USB and every time I send, production manager reads "cannot open port" or "write error".

Anyone have any help please !

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
When the ValueCut reads the media successfully, it automatically is in ready to cut mode but it won't say so on the screen. If you hit the "Online/Offline" button it will allow you to go into the menus and cutter settings and then if you hit the same button again, it will be in ready to cut mode.

Make sure you have the driver installed for the cutter. It's a separate install and should have come with the cutter on a CD. Once that is installed make sure that when you plug the USB into the computer is actually recognizing it. Normally it makes a sound and a little window opens in the bottom right corner that says it recognizes the cutter. If that works properly then you should be able to go into the production manager and change the port of the cutter. If everything is working properly, you should see an option for, "USB_Printer_0" as an option. Chose that one and it should communicate now.

SignSourceGal

When the ValueCut reads the media successfully, it automatically is in ready to cut mode but it won't say so on the screen. If you hit the "Online/Offline" button it will allow you to go into the menus and cutter settings and then if you hit the same button again, it will be in ready to cut mode.

Make sure you have the driver installed for the cutter. It's a separate install and should have come with the cutter on a CD. Once that is installed make sure that when you plug the USB into the computer is actually recognizing it. Normally it makes a sound and a little window opens in the bottom right corner that says it recognizes the cutter. If that works properly then you should be able to go into the production manager and change the port of the cutter. If everything is working properly, you should see an option for, "USB_Printer_0" as an option. Chose that one and it should communicate now.

Hi Vander .. Got it working thanks for the help ! Was a comm setup as you said.

I need to get supplies for this, we use it to make paper mounting patterns so I need the pens and a pounce tool. Seems like its made in Belgium and very few supplies like that sold in the USA. If anyone has a pounce tool they don't want I would buy it from you or if anyone has recommendation for where to buy in the USA much appreciated.

SignSourceGal

Oh... how do you get the carriage to return to home? I also was trying to set the force and it resets itself when it prints so I changed the force in flexi but that didn't work either.