• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with Mutoh VJ1614

dakeith15

I've posted here before about problem with my maintenance station and I've replaced it. I also replaced the print head along with the head ribbon and dampers. Now my problem is that I can't get anything to print. I'm able to pull ink though just fine with a syringe, but the ink does not push itself through when printing or cleaning. The ink cartridges are brand new, but they show they are already low from all the cleanings I have performed. The ink cartridges are still full even though it does show they hare almost out. So since the machine can't pull ink through on it's own, what could be the problem? Something with the sub-tanks? Pumps maybe? I've dropped a ton of money trying to get this thing up and running again, but I'm stuck and really don't want to spend even more to have a tech come out.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks,
Daniel Price

heyskull

Daniel

This could be a F2 fuse blown on the main board.
If this fuse blows it will not print.
The fuse blows to protect the main board and is normally caused by a fault in the head or head cable.
It's a fiddly job but is DIY-able as the fuse is soldered to the board and is very very small.

SC