• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with Mutoh vj1624

Austin627

Hi I'm having trouble with my printer and looking to see if someone may be able to help its a mutoh vj1624. The printer recently stopped printing cyan so we took the head out to try to flush it out. After reinstalling the head in the printer it then wouldn't print at all we discovered one of the ribbon cables was frayed and possibly caused a short it blew out a fuse on the main board replacing it didn't help we had a friend come out and take a look at it and he believed it had also had ruined the head so we put a new head in but still nothing it prints as it normally would but does not lay any ink down. It has a brand new maintenance station and you can see the ink running through the lines. If any one has any suggestions to get it to lay down ink let me know

FatCat

Lots of things could be going on here, so I'll offer a few things to try...

If ink is flowing into the waste lines then it is more likely an electrical issue, which could be numerous things. I would replace the ribbon cables if you haven't already, pay very close attention that they are seated correctly and making good contact and there is no ink on the contacts. Getting the cable seated correctly is critical and they can be a pain sometimes.

You say you blew a fuse on the mainboard? If there was a short and it was really bad, it could've killed the mainboard, this is the danger of shorts...sometimes you can't see everything it's damaged.

Testing with a new head, and new ribbon cable you should be able to rule out everything but the board itself...but if it still doesn't work I would be thinking its the board...

Austin627

FatCat thanks for the reply it has all new cables and is still not printing before i ordered the new mainboard i was looking through all the fuses i can find all of them except f2 and f5 after a little research i found f2 usually is the one that delivers power to the head. I'm not sure if anyone may know this but did the 1624 come with an f2 fuse and if it did where would it be?