• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with open type on Omega

animenick65

We have Omega 1.56 and I downloaded an open type font today. I installed it on the system but can't seem to get Composer to pick it up. Tried using tt font converter but wasn't listed there either. Any ideas?

Shovelhead

I'n no expert.....

I only use it to cut from imported .eps files. But can it only
recognize GERBER fonts exclusively?

threeputt

Not familiar with the term "open" font, but are you adding the font to your Windows font directory and then using TTF font converter? Does it show up in the font converter?

animenick65

Yes, I'm installing it into the fonts folder on the computer and yet it still doesn't show up in the font converter. Shows up fine in Illy.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Omega only converts TrueType format. it does not see Open Type format.

Set your text in Illustrator or CorelDRAW and convert it to outlines and then save as EPS.

Bob Gilliland

Fred,

Time continues to tick away and memory persists to become a weak link, however, I believe starting with 2.5 or 2.51 GSP began to support Open Type fonts. The utility is still titled TT Font Converter (G32ttfcv.exe) and will not only see and work with .ttf fonts but .otf as well. Just as a FYI; this utility is not part of the protected portion of the software (can be executed without a dongle).

Animenick65,

Upgrading to the current version will get you where you want to be. In the mean time, let me check the EULA and with Gerber to see if the utility can be forwarded to you.

To do a conversion “properly”, allowing for full use of a font, you will want to “disjoin” the font using TT Font Converter then use the Font Designer utility to assembly in the proper .gsf format. Fred has a post or tutorial here somewhere explaining the process.

animenick65

Bob,

Thanks for the info. Being stuck back in 1.56 is killin me! Would be sweet if they give you the updated version of the converter.

GVP

Hello,

I have heard of success simply by renaming the open type font to a truetype, i.e. .otf to .tff It probably doesn't work for every font, but might be worth a simple try?

animenick65

I'll give that a try. I don't know if anyone here uses the program "The Font Thing" to view and install fonts but I seem to be having trouble viewing SOME .otf fonts in that program. Open type is killing me!