• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with our old laminator

heyskull

We have an old Bunny 1400 Laminator (Economy Unheated Model)
It says it was manufactured in France but looks like a Chinese model.

Over the last few months I have had some serious issues with it.
When laminating it either doesn't laminate in the middle of the print or if you tighten it down it bunches up in the middle.
I have changed nothing on how I install the laminate and the tension is as I have always tensioned it.

I have checked the rollers and they are both completely flat and in perfect condition.

I am pulling what little hair I have left out trying to get this laminating as it used too!!!

Thanks
SC

scott pagan

could it be the rollers had a crown that has now become flat?

some of our older laminators had to be resurfaced since the crown helped "boat wake" the laminate to allow center pressure and let air work out to the edges.

heyskull

Scott

I don't understand what you are saying.
But when the rollers are down with no pressure their seems to be a gap either side.
The big issue is I have checked the flatness with an engineers straight edge and they are perfectly flat.
I cannot figure why these gaps are appearing and when you further increase the pressure to make the rollers touch all over then the other issues appear.

SC

Desert_Signs

Scott

But when the rollers are down with no pressure their seems to be a gap either side.
The big issue is I have checked the flatness with an engineers straight edge and they are perfectly flat.
I cannot figure why these gaps are appearing and when you further increase the pressure to make the rollers touch all over then the other issues appear.

SC

laminator rollers are not supposed to be flat. They should have a slight crown in the middle.

This is exaggerated, but this is the general idea:

Attachments

• crowning-services-converting-industry-rubber-rollers-menges-roller-company.jpg
    crowning-services-converting-industry-rubber-rollers-menges-roller-company.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 69

SignosaurusRex

Scott

SC

This would indicate that the rollers still have a crown to them. The next statement seems to contradict that.

If they do in fact still have a crown, the culprit would be either Laminate Tension, Print Tension, Roller Pressure, Speed of feed ...or a combination thereof.

heyskull

How do I reset the Laminate Tension, Print Tension, Roller Pressure?
There are only two speeds and it causes issues on both!

SC