• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with outline/cutting line in corel

pgettys

ok i have a question.
i'm using corel draw 11 and using the versacamm.so now what i do is say if i want to select the text i have just typed out i select it and outline it with a hairline outline and then while it is still selected i choose the outline tool go to custom spot color pallettes and choose my cut path and it coverts it to a cut path.Then i have to export it into a EPS file and then open it in colorRip and go from there.
My problem is i have have yellow text and then i duplicated it and sent it to the back and changed it to black so it would look like a shadow.

now i want it just to select the outer line of the yellow and black but it is selecting all of the lines in both the yellow and black letters and cutting through my yellow to cut the black lines.

i only want it to cut the outline edge even though it is offset is there a way to do that?

I need help big time,since i want to print this, laminate it, and then cut it,it's cutting the outline of both letters which makes it hell to try to apply with cutlines through the letters.

Thanks
Paul

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You must create yet another vector to be the cutpath. to do this you would copy both the text and the outline and paste it somewhere away from the originals. Next assign them both the same fill and weld them leaving you the cutpath.

Now assign the hairline stroke. Go back to your original text and shadow, select them and group them. Select both and center justify on both axes and your ready to output the print and cut.

pgettys

thanks once again fred your the man i should just record this and play it every time you respond

Thanks
Paul