• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Help with Perf cut on Graphtech FC-7000

Supergirl

Hi,

i watched Graphtec's video, and I can get it to perf cut my laminated printed vinyl, BUT the cut looks very rough. I'm using the cutting master 2 plugin for illustrator.

I read that people put transfer tape on the back and cut thru (not perf pattern) but i'm not sure i understand it right.

Also, how in the world do you make the backing paper split? never tried it, just curious :)

I'd appreciate any help with the perf cut techniques.

Thanks,

Tea

milchad

Hi,

i watched Graphtec's video, and I can get it to perf cut my laminated printed vinyl, BUT the cut looks very rough. I'm using the cutting master 2 plugin for illustrator.

I read that people put transfer tape on the back and cut thru (not perf pattern) but i'm not sure i understand it right.

Also, how in the world do you make the backing paper split? never tried it, just curious :)

I'd appreciate any help with the perf cut techniques.

Thanks,

Tea

I've tried to perf cut with the same cutter as you with limited success. It was a little rough around the edges and the cutting strip is getting a little worn. I'm in the process of upgrading to a Summa cutter and these issues will be a thing of the past.

You have to move the blade to the gap ahead of the cutting strip. Don't tear up your cutting strip lol
My settings for FC-8000 are Tool 3
cut line pattern on
up 0.8 mm
cut 20 mm

try that

Supergirl

I've tried to perf cut with the same cutter as you with limited success. It was a little rough around the edges and the cutting strip is getting a little worn. I'm in the process of upgrading to a Summa cutter and these issues will be a thing of the past.

I gave up on it :(

I print and cut, then just separate them all manually.
I assume that there are tools, but my volume wouldn't justify the purchase.

Good luck!